322 Haunted By

Start date: August 1, 2013

View this group on Goodreads »

Still a carnie girl

The Mysterious Madam Morpho - Delilah S. Dawson

I kind of feel bad for The Mysterious Madam Morpho. Sometimes, when you read stories in reverse, the earlier works don't always come out as strong as the later ones. I liked Morpho, but mainly it was because I got to see a bludbadger and Criminy again (albeit briefly). I didn't get the same exact crazed passion that I felt for the other two short stories I'd read (which were fabulous - I'm not even kidding. The one in Carniepunk was absolute perfection).

Then again, reading Delilah S. Dawson is sort of like reading Richelle Mead or Lisa Kleypas for me. Most likely, even a weaker story is still going to be satisfying enough, which was the case here. There were some funnies and a bit of sexy time. So there we go. Decent, but nothing to write home about, even though I love this series overall. L O V E.

Anyway, I only have one short story left in the series, then I can move on to book 3 finally. Woo hoo!