322 Haunted By

Eve and Adam Eve and Adam
by Michael Grant
Start date: August 1, 2013

View this group on Goodreads »

I so wanted to love this book.

The Troop - Nick Cutter

There's a reason why I liked Clerks 1 better than Clerks 2. Two words : Donkey Show. If you've seen the movie, maybe you'll understand why I immediately had this thought after reading a passage in the book : So what, would you rather jerk off a donkey or fingerbang Kathy Rhinebeck?

The Troop was my Clerks 2 (full of gratuitous giggles and squeamish moments), when I was looking for Clerks 1 (offbeat moments which felt like an inside joke to those in the know).

I was hoping for more detail of an outdoorsy survival story (it's called The Troop, after all) than the direction the story went in.

If anything, I wasn't even scared. I was just not feeling the tone of the story. I liked the author's explanation for why he chose to use the outside source data to tell the story, but I have rarely been a fan of this type of method to get a lot of information out there.

One thing that did work in the book's favor was sort of a throwback to classic style horror. Gone were the standard dilemmas and silly drama moments which have plagued similar books of late. If you're looking for a back-to-basics mind screw, then there's a chance you'll find something worth checking out here.

This book provided from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.