322 Haunted By

Eve and Adam Eve and Adam
by Michael Grant
Start date: August 1, 2013

View this group on Goodreads »

Deals with the Devil are so retro

The Devil's Reprise - Karina Halle

Another day to face, another day to die.

Devil's Reprise : Horror-lite clashes with rock god sexuality.

We left Almost Famous behind this go-round, other than a few "golden god" mentions, and I don't know what to think about that.

On the one hand...I liked being in Sage's head better than I liked being in Dawn's. He came across as a fair representation of a rock star - complete with flaws and all.

On the other hand...something wasn't quite as punchy this time around with the story, although I loved the characters and the bonds formed in book 2. The personal connections were stronger for me, even if the plot could have used a jolt of adrenaline.

On the other hand...oh wait, I don't have three hands. Never mind.

The story was creepy, although not necessarily scary. The sex was still hot. And rock stars will be rock stars. So I was good.

It should have been me. But it wasn't. And the music played on.

I can't find fault with a book which pays homage to the hotness of "fashionable denim bell-bottoms and a paisley shirt," if for no other reason than to make me laugh. Because try as I might, I have a hard time imagining Sage now (to be fair though, this pic isn't exactly rock star gear)...

This book provided from the publisher in exchange for an honest review