320 Haunted By

Eve and Adam Eve and Adam
by Michael Grant
Start date: August 1, 2013

View this group on Goodreads »

At least the cover was pretty

Waterfell - Amalie Howard

I'm going to refrain from rating because I read the first half of the book, then skipped ahead to the last couple of chapters.

I think I would have liked this a lot better had I read it when I was younger and loved fairy tale-esque stories of all-encompassing love. There's definitely a target audience for Waterfell, but unfortunately, it's not me at this time.

The last sentence of the book made me realize that I was perfectly okay with the fact that I didn't read much of the second half : I am yours forever.

I was actually fine with the love story. It was predictable, but sort of cute. However, even during a "fated to be mated" story (which I'm fine with if handled correctly), I'd rather see the use of terms like "forever" dialed back just a touch when we're dealing with such young characters.

If you like cute romance with a heavy hand of destiny, this might end up working for you, even if it didn't work for me.