322 Haunted By

Eve and Adam Eve and Adam
by Michael Grant
Start date: August 1, 2013

View this group on Goodreads »

No one tell Peta that I watched a cock fight. Please.

Access All Areas - Alice Severin

Adult Review for Erotic Content

This book is one big game of Hot, or not hot? Let's play the game!

Stuff that was supposed to be sexy but wasn't:

Quote : I leaned over and buried my face in my jeans. The scent of us, together, was dizzying.
My reaction : Did you really just rub your face into the crotch of your soiled pants?

Quote : I wanted his hand, actual, nail bitten, long fingered, in me.
My reaction : Now I'm picturing a long, bony finger with raggedy nails.

Quote : Wet pouring out of me
My reaction : Geysers are not sexy.

Scene Recap : The guy wears a black silk kimono and quotes 'Gone With the Wind'
My reaction : No...just no.

Fashion Recap : His long torso was covered in a vintage Hawaiian print shirt, unbuttoned halfway, showing an expanse of smooth chest. A white belt.
My reaction : Magnum P.I. called and he wants his clothing back. Or is it Miami Vice? Either way, it's bad 80's.

Scene Recap : He ran his finger over the head of his dick and placed it in his mouth at an attempt to look sexy while 'shamelessly tasting himself' (phrase in quotes came from book).
My reaction : You know, it just works better when it's the woman doing this scene. Sort of like how it might be sexy if a woman plays with her nipples, but if a man does it, you know he's goofing off.

Quote : His huge cock fighting back.
My reaction : Now I'm picturing an actual cock fight. Look at those cocks go at it!

Yet, I haven't forgotten that there were sexy moments :

Quote : I am going to teach you to come for me. Only when I tell you to.
My reaction : While this isn't the easiest thing to accomplish in a short amount of time, I enjoyed watching him give it a go.

Quote : I want to make you scream. Make you beg for me inside you. Tell me you want this. Tell me, now.
My reaction : I love vocal, insistent men in the bedroom. Love, love, looooove.

Quote : You beautiful girl. I'm going to ruin you for anyone else.
My reaction : Damn straight. I beg of you - give it your best effort. Please.

My final thoughts about Access All Areas :

While I took off and had a little bit of fun with the hot/not thing in this review, I'm not saying that I completely disliked the book. In fact, I enjoyed some of it. The sex wasn't bad when it happened.

Where I might have felt a little cheated was with the whole rock star aspect. We didn't really get to see this rock god living the life/being in the thick of things as much as I would have expected for a book featuring a rock star as a lead character. So much of the story centered around Lily waiting around to be summoned by her rock god. I sort of felt moments of frustration over waiting for this book to take off in one direction or another...was it going to be a contemporary romance or an erotic book? If this was going to be a contemp, I would have expected more to the story than what we got. Not a whole lot happened plot-wise until closer to the end. If this was going to be an erotica, I would have wanted more sex sprinkled throughout. Genre-straddling books need to really pull off using the best of both worlds, or they fail to deliver.

The ending? Uh, I don't know what to think of it. Is there more to this story? I'm thinking there might be at some point.